Great race this week end for Charlevoix Triathlon !
- Goal: The first goal of the week end was to train for Timberman 70.3 in 3 weeks.
Saturday we rode for 90k, 8k brick and 1000m swim. Not too much intensity, keeping the intensity workout for sunday 🙂
I was my first Olympique Distance since 2007.
- Interesting field : with the participation of Pierre Lavoie, and other Elite athletes.
- Tornado: I get more and more comfortable on my new Kestrel, finishing with the best bike split overall, and running my 10k below 39 minutes, which was unexpected !
- Result: I finished 7th Overall, and 3rd/26 in my AG 30-39 (fifth podium in a row on four different distances, from sprint to Half IronMan)
Official results (Olympique Triathlon)
- frustration: My poor swim level, which prevent me from playing with the Elite for the overall win. Next Winter I will go to the next level, Mathieu, slow down !!
- Best of the week end: Pierre Lavoie chatting with me at the end of the race, and saying « I was watching you each turn around (7 total), you were closing the gap each time, you’re riding fast ! » It made my day !
- Congratulation to Nick, one of the athletes I’m coaching, on his way to the Duathlon World Championship in Edinbourg:
Best bike split on the Duathlon Oly, third overall, and prize money ! Keep up with the good work !!
Congratulation to all the chickens, for their performances specially for the one who completed their first Triathlon !
Thanks for this amazing week end, and to Fred « Gazelle » for managing everything !
Nick Race Report (soon)